1) Copy, (draw by hand), the Profusion Art Squares or circles found on this website each month onto 4” cards and store in a binder for future use.
2) Pick a theme, or not.
3) Choose the square or circle patterns that fit your theme or whims.
4) Lightly pencil a ribbon, or plan, on your paper--like you did in gradeschool.
5) Use your plan as a guide to fill in areas with your chosen art. (Draw a mix of patterns, words, and objects into a piece of your own artwork)
Example: The patterns chosen for this project are pictured in the above 12 triangles. Choose a variety of dark, light, and medium values.
3. Finally, darken the lines separating each pattern. In this case, the finished art is a "Crazy Quilt," but you could make any kind of a quilt.
6) Be creative in using the patterns or invent your own. Find objects to draw that will help express your chosen theme. Above all else, take time to enjoy the journey!